A Trust is an important part of a financial and estate plan. We recognize that a Trustee’s role is more intricate now than ever before.
- Investment choices have become more sophisticated.
- An individualized Trust Investment Policy Statement is developed to guide all parties in their roles and responsibilities.
- Trust Reporting can be a daunting task
- Services are available to handle the specialized accounting and reporting required for trust activities and assets.
- Longevity concerns have made distribution decisions more complex.
- Trustees are often required to assess and ascertain requests from beneficiaries for monetary or in-kind distributions. We can help Trustees understand many of the more complex requirements.
- Emotionally charged family situations can affect sound decision-making.
- Conflicting opinions by family members without access to all of the facts and provisions under a Trust can put Trustees in a difficult situation. Assistance is available for Trustees who find themselves in these circumstances.
Endowment Trustees have a unique responsibility to uphold the wishes of donors who desire to leave a lasting legacy.
- Endowment Trustees have a strict fiduciary responsibility to effectively and purposefully care for the resources bestowed upon them.
- At Godfrey Financial Associates, we recognize the complexity of this stewardship and welcome the opportunity to assist in developing a prudent investment policy statement.