Retirement Planning: Retiring on your terms
What does it take to retire? Will you be financially prepared to enjoy the comforts of life?
How we help:
- We look at your current responsibilities and personal goals to determine short and long-term strategies.
- We incorporate cash-flow planning, retirement goals, tax planning, and other important factors.
- We use sophisticated planning methodology to establish realistic savings, spending and investment decisions.
- We know that “cookie cutter” solutions aren’t realistic…so we tailor a retirement plan that works for you.
- We schedule regular reviews to continuously evaluate your plan.
Want to learn more about retirement? Watch our video here.
The complexities, hidden fees, and mysteries of investing can be overwhelming, even for experienced investors. Our role as financial advisor is to eliminate much of the stress associated with investing, and to focus on the following:
- Your values, financial goals, and objectives.
- Your unique needs and circumstances.
- Developing your investment strategy to achieve a particular balance of risk and return.
- Implementing and putting your plan into action.
- Ensuring your investment portfolios align with your broader financial circumstances through regular evaluation.
Want to learn more about investing? Watch our video here.
Every year, millions of women – old and young – find themselves unexpectedly in the role of widow or divorcee. This adjustment can be filled with stress and uncertainty.
Because women tend to live longer than men, most will experience a single lifestyle at some point in their lives (source). Finding themselves unexpectedly single – whether widowed or divorced – causes women to grapple with grief, confusion, and often a loss of identity.
Beyond the emotional fallout, they are frequently faced with a series of financial, legal, and even domestic challenges. They may find themselves suddenly responsible for 100% of the financial decision-making, often for the first time in their lives.
In particular, the period of time after a spouse or partner’s paycheck runs out and before Social Security and other retirement benefits become available can be especially stressful. Even for those who are financially solvent, the fear of running out of money is a genuine concern.
At Godfrey Financial Associates, we provide professional support for suddenly single women, at any stage in her journey.
Want to learn more? Watch our video here.
Trusts & Endowments
A Trust is an important part of a financial and estate plan. We recognize that a Trustee’s role is more complex now than ever before.
- Investment choices have become more sophisticated. Developing an individualized Trust Investment Policy Statement helps guide all parties in their roles and responsibilities.
- Trust Reporting can be a daunting task. Services are available to handle the specialized accounting and reporting required for trust activities and assets.
- Working with a financial professional can help mitigate emotionally-charged family situations and facilitate sound decision-making.
Endowment Trustees have a unique responsibility to uphold the wishes of donors desiring to leave a lasting legacy.
- Endowment Trustees have a strict fiduciary responsibility to effectively and purposefully care for the resources bestowed upon them.
- At Godfrey Financial Associates, we recognize the complexity of this stewardship and welcome the opportunity to assist in developing a prudent investment policy statement, and a sound investment program.
Want to learn more about estate planning? Watch our video here.
Insurance & Annuities
Risk management should form the cornerstone of any financial strategy. Preparing for risks is a vital part of your financial well-being, and is integral for a solid financial plan.
Why is insurance such a key part of my overall financial plan?
There are few financial topics more important than insurance. No matter how diligently you build your investment and retirement accounts, failure to purchase adequate insurance can put you or your family in a desperate situation in an instant.
Insurance provides for unexpected events. And, if not prepared, those events could wreck your financial security… and the security of those you love.
Together, we can develop a plan which answers your concerns:
- What types of insurance do I need?
- How much insurance do I need?
- How can I get necessary coverage at the lowest cost?
Annuities as risk management tools
Longevity can have a profound impact on your standard of living. This is known as "longevity risk". The number-one concern of most retirees is: “Will my retirement nest egg last a lifetime?”
Annuities offer protection of principal and guaranteed income you cannot outlive. We will help you determine if an annuity is the right choice for you.
Want to learn more about insurance? Watch our video here.